OFY Event Protocols – July
Events at Grapevine and Frisco Fieldhouse USA
Due to the on-going health concerns with COVID-19, Opportunity for Youth Tournaments will be implementing the following protocols to maintain a safe playing environment at both the Frisco and Grapevine Fieldhouse.
1) Game/Court Procedures
- Game balls will be sanitized at the score table before and at half-time of each game.
- Coaches will be allowed to enter the building 30 minutes prior to game time to check in.
- Players will be allowed to enter the facility 15 minutes before their game time.
- Players and coaches will be required to leave the building immediately following their games.
- Players and coaches will be required to wear face coverings when entering and exiting the building but will not be required to wear face coverings when participating in games.
- Benches, team areas, and scoreboards will be cleaned after each game.
- Games will be played back to back to meet occupancy limits.
2) Spectator Access and Limits
- Tournament passes and ticket sales will be conducted at the entry of the facility.
- Spectators will be allowed to enter the facility no earlier than 10 minutes before game time.
- Spectators will be directed to leave the building immediately following their supporting team’s games.
- Spectators will be asked to bring their own chair to sit in. Family members may sit together. There will no bleachers in the facility to sit in.
- All spectators will be asked to spread out and social distance by placing chairs on designated X spots located specific for each court.
- Spectators will be required to wear face coverings at all times while in the facility.
3) OFY Staff
- Staff will be assigned to the main facility areas (outside ticket sales, courts, entry points, and concession areas.
- OFY staff members will be required to wear masks and wear gloves for ticket sales.
- All games results will be updated after the conclusion of games on the tourney machine app.
- No visible brackets or games schedules will be posted in the facility.
- Sanitizing and Cleaning Services Provided by facilities.
- Each facility has janitorial services provided for in-house cleaning during and after games.
- Each facility has hired additional cleaning personnel to clean high traffic areas throughout the day.
These guidelines should be followed along with basic procedures recommended by the CDC. We are dedicated to updating our protocol as we see fit for each tournament venue. We appreciate the teams', coaches', and spectators' cooperation as we initiate these and possibly new protocols.
Here is a link to Governor Abbott's Protocols for youth sports: Click on this link to view
PROVIDING THE BEST OPPORTUNITY IN BOYS AND GIRLS BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT PLAY
WHEN REGISTERING FOR A TOURNAMENT(S) PLEASE CLICK ON FIND A TOURNAMENT TO REGISTER AND RETURN BACK TO HOME PAGE AND CLICK ON PAY FOR TOURNAMENT TO FINALIZE PAYMENT. WE DO NOT ACCPEPT PAYMENTS ON THE TOURNEY MACHINE.